Wednesday, February 28, 2007

sevilla time

hi all-

quick review of yesterday and then on to todays events...

YESTERDAY
Still in Barcelona. We started out the day, slow as usual. We caught the metro and went to the Spanish village at the top of a huge hill. We didn´t feel like going in so we opted to head to the castle at the top of a mountain. Wow, I know I´m currently lacking proper names for these places. I have to hurry though, so I´ll correct this all later. The castle turned out to be more of a fortress but it was cool all the same. It offered a spectacular view over all of Barcelona. We laughed cause we thought we had done well in really covering the entire city... turns out it spanned way further than we had initially thought. No matter. I felt like I really saw a lot of important sites from the bus tour. It is entirely possible that with a felt tip pen we might have been able to doctor up our bus passes so that they were extended one more day. It´s a distinct possiblity. Anyways, we took some pictures then took a bus down back into the city. Ashley and Amy headed to the Picaso Museum, and me, all museumed out decided to people watch at the port. I bought a gilato and chilled out. I took some really cool pictures and loved watching the different people. So many different nationalities represented. I hopped back on the tour bus and rode back to the hostel. It was a great moment- the sun was setting and I got have my final moment sitting on the top of the bus. Ashley laughed at how much I loved riding that stupid bus. After that, we chilled at the hostel then went out for a tapas feast. I do mean feast. Though all the food was tiny, it was great and we all shared. And of course, sangria graced our table. It was a nice night. We plan on going back when we hit up Barcelona on the final night.

Seville
We took a plane early this morning to Seville. Our hostel is awesome. Seriously, I could get used to this life. Everyone here is young and open to meeting new people. I´ve never encountered so many nationalities in my life. You never know where the person sitting next to you is from. We had a lazy day. Sleep deprived after the whirlwind that was Barcelona, Ashley and I slept in the hostel and then got food and walked to the river and basked in the sun. We´ve yet to really discover the pretty part of Seville yet, but we will. We enjoyed the weather- it was so great. I wore my yoga capris and a camisole... the three of us sat at the water and wrote in our journals and joked around. Because our hostel ROCKS, they´re having a dinner here tonight and then maybe an activity afterwards. We also plan on going out. I really wish I could explain this atmosphere- music is playing, its an open floor plan and I can look up and see the other rooms. There´s a rooftop terrace, mod decor with a lot of wood and candles. Cool place with even cooler people. I´m psyched to be here.

Alright- gotta get ready. I hope you all know that I am continually mocked for my obsession with blogging. I sacrifice myself for all of you. lol no, but its true. Tell Ashley to be nice. haha

much love- you´ll be hearing from me soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seville? Make sure not to get your hair cut by any suspicious-looking rabbits
http://www.veoh.com/videos/e23982