Tuesday, March 13, 2007

mardi le 13 mars

Quick Post:

I just wanted to share the fact that there is a French movie being filmed outside my apartment. Maybe you've seen the fountain in my earlier pictures of Aix. It's very cute and apparently is an ideal place for a scene in a movie. ( My French family informed me that this was the second time that the fountain was used as a backdrop for a film.) There is a full crew set up in the fountain area in front of a shop called "Lady Jane." Lady Jane is actually the title of the film. I guess the director and the main actor and actress are famous in French cinema. lol, Sadly, this cool moment is lost on the American who is only familiar with Hollywood names. All the same, its somewhat exciting to be around. I say somewhat because I do have to cross that fountain area to get to school, so it can be a bit annoying if I'm late for class. Ashley and I went to get fruit yesterday and I forgot my keys to the apartment. No one was home so we had to sit outside and wait. We watched them filming. They would stop traffic on the streets and try to get everything quiet. There were guys working on windows of an apartment and one of the fim crew guys kept yelling up to them to stop for two minutes while they filmed a scene. They would do a few takes and then yell up to them that it was ok for them to work again.

I was curious about the film. So I, being my father's daughter, walked up and asked one of the actors about the film. He was an extra and explained the plot to me in French. It's a mystery with a kidnapping. They're filming here and in Marseille. I had asked another woman who was sitting around- another extra I bet- before what the title was. When she told me "Lady Jane" she said, "like the song." I told her I didn't know the song. She was surprised and started singing it. So did the ladies sitting around her. lol It was funny and still didn't jog my memory.

After having harrassed the extras for long enough and wanting to wait somewhere else instead of the street, Ashley and I went into the tea store right next to my apartment (still in clear view of the filming). We got some tea and I talked to the owner of the shop and reminded her that I met her my first day in Aix. We also talked to an old man who lives in Paris but who was staying at his vacation apartment in Aix. We were drinking our expensive flavored carbonated water in the second story of the tea store when Ashley spotted Maxime walking down the street. haha My French brothers are tall so its fairly easy to spot them. Excited, we quickly paid and scurried next door to have Maxime let us in before he left again. lol... oh goodness.

A day in the life.

It was interesting though- I'll keep you posted about the developments with the film, if I see any more of it. Much love to all, and to all a goodnight.

No comments: