Tuesday, March 6, 2007

le 6 mars

I never anticipated the day where I would walk away from a group of boys and feel genuinely guilty that I didn't kiss each of them goodbye. When I signed up for study abroad, I was fully ready to embrace a new culture- I just didn't figure it would be so literally.

Stupid bissou. Making me feel like a fool.

France is going well- I am happy to be "home" from Spain. It was thoroughly exhausting and amazing. Many good memories and pretty pictures to share. They should be posted soon.

Tonight I went bowling with Maxime. It was fun- I was doing well for a while but then started slacking. I blame the pressure of representing my country. Each time, I would tell myself "This one is for America." Ok, maybe not. The kids were nice but it was hard to break into the group because of the langauge barrier. They asked me to go dancing with them afterwards but I was tired so I headed home. Hence my "do i kiss all of you?" moment. You have to kiss each of them twice. Always awkward to intiate it to boys too.

I watched trials for a Europe wide talent show with Guillome. We laughed at the contestants- Guillome told me that France hadn't won in a long, long time. After seeing their final choice, I understand why.

All I have for today- too tired. Much love

No comments: