Wednesday, January 31, 2007

jan 31

Hello all! Today was relatively uneventful for me. I had my photography (rather more the history of...) this morning. Our classrooms are all really small because they're in these old buildings. Its funny because the building that my class is in has this really wierd door. Maybe its not that wierd to others, but I have continually struggled with it. It has this huge handle on it but you dont pull, you push. I looked like such an idiot pulling on it for so long the other day. Today I figured out that you had to buzz yourself in and then push. We all have our daily challenges.

After class, I went to a bakery and ordered a loaf of bread and went to a quickmart type thing and bought some cheese. I really think I could, and just might, live off of bread and cheese alone. :-D At least for lunch here- its so good. I'm also gonna take advantage of the markets around here. After that, I went home and hung out in my room for a bit because Isabelle was tutoring this little boy at our kitchen table. Later, I ate lunch and then decided to go for a walk. I've taken a few lenghty walks here. I like getting to explore the place. Today my goal was to find a park that I had seen while we were driving. I might not have found that park, but I did find a park. I went there and wrote in my journal. I also people watched. Then I walked some more and got close enough out of town that I could have a pretty good view of the mountains. I took a lot of pictures during my walk.

Later we had dinner. We had a provincial ratatouille. I LOVED it. Its so good! Look at me, stepping out of my culinary bounds. After that I watched the Marseille vs Lyon soccer match with Max. All of the guys I've met here have raved about Marseille's team. They're really good and everyone in the area loves them. Lyon is supposedly the best team though so everyone was nervous about the outcome. Max was tense the whole game. And guess what? Marseille won! It was all last minute, but they pulled ahead! Max was psyched and I didn't tell him, but I'm sure their winning had something to do with my presence in Aix. Just a theory ;-)

Alright, thats all for now! Au revoir!

No comments: